21 December 2011

Winter Sosltice

Happy shortest day of the year, everyone!

It's River's birthday today - she's 2. How cute.

Last night's dinner was a bit of a flop. It seems that I can't, for the life of me, add an egg to soup. It just turns to some kind of dense, opaque lumpiness. lordkilljoy didn't even finish it last night. Ah well. I'll keep trying.


(I hid the soup under the noodles, which is why the photo doesn't look too bad)

We're having pasta with some kind of nice sauce tonight. I'm also thinking of making little tarts for christmas. Not like mince pies, but maybe some kind of pretty apple tarty type things. Not sure. I went out for lunch with some of the girls today and they were all talking about making nice things. So I felt like making nice things too.

So, I'd heard of this street that goes mad every christmas with lights and music and stuff. We visited it last night and it is just a little crazy. Every building was covered with lights - most very gaudy, but some actually a little nice. The houses around us are way more tastefully done. The houses around us are actually quite lovely - I wandered around one evening just looking at them all.

I don't have much other news. River's just locked herself in the bathroom like a silly head.

2 comments:

  1. Longest Day - River Phoenix

    Just thought I'd point out to you that today is the longest night. Happy birthday River. Now that you live in Phoenix you could be called River Phoenix.

    Heheha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Longest Day - River Phoenix

    Heh. River Phoenix! Nice.

    Thanks for pointing the day out, too :)

    ReplyDelete