13 December 2011

Dinners

Ooh god, it's miserable again today. Half one in the afternoon and I need a light on to see my keyboard. Dinner last night was a success, even though the egg went a bit weird. I made Wagamama's Chicken Tama Rice. It was so delicious - lordkilljoy ate all of his, then finished off my rice. So it was yummy out, but it looked weird. You're meant to add a beaten egg to the sauce right at the end (the sauce is clear up to this point) and when I threw in the egg it went all thick and opaque. Anyway - tonight is poached tilapia with Spanish rice. It should be yummy too. I hope lordkilljoy doesn't mind rice two nights in a row. It's my favourite staple - I could eat rice for dinner every day (though I do get a tiny bit bored of it after 2 months, as I found out in Asia).

Tomorrow is possible break from cooking night (because we are going to the cinema with a bunch of people, and not at all sure what's happening about dinner). Thursday will be healthy night and Friday is crockpot night. It's so exciting. I figure Saturday will be going out night and Sunday might be roast, depending on how much energy I have / how much of a mess I feel like cleaning up. Though the mini chicken (technically cornish hen) we had thanksgiving was yummy.

I don't have much else news, I think. I really need a new food icon.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't mind rice for the 2nd night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're settling in! The weather really IS mad here at the moment. As I'm sure you know it rarely rains so it's a bit of a novelty. Make the most of it! How is River doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. River's settling in well. Still a bit jumpy (barky?) at random noises, but she's getting better. I heard Milo was in some cute dog competition. Best of luck with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, i'm totally impressed with all your cooking. Will you transport yourself over here and do my cooking too.

    Oh do you have a big fancy cinema in Phoenix? Is River settling in so well you can leave her by herself for a while, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh - I would if I could :)

    The cinema here is good. About the same as Cineworld in Dublin. But we haven't been to the biggest screen, so I have no idea what it is like.

    And yea, it's really good we can leave her. I did catch her barking one day when I was coming home from the shop, so I snuck up, rushed in and told her no. I think she kind of got the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, I can just imagine you sneaking up on her... :D

    ReplyDelete