27 December 2011

International Date Line Funnies

My dress is on the way :) (not sure if I mentioned this already...) It's coming from Hong Kong and went through Korea. It left Korea at midnight tonight (this dress is from the future - how cool is that) and it arrived in Alaska at midday today. Somewhere out there in the swirls and spirals of time is my dress - stuck between now and yet to come. It's all very cool, and all because of the date line.

Christmas dinner is a go today. At last. I think it's going to be wonderful... maybe even worth the wait. I browned the chicken in a pot first, then browned the veggies in the same pot after, then put them all in a lidded dish and put the lid on tight. The smell from the pot after doing the veggies in the chicken juice was so good. I can't smell anything more with the mad seal on the dish in the oven right now, but I'm pretty excited.

I made breadsticks last night. They turned out quite like Italian breadsticks, which I wasn't expecting. They are a little too salty, though. I keep forgetting the salt I use (traditionally dried sea salt) is much saltier than normal salt. Making the dough was a bit mad. It starts out really sticky and you're meant to knead it like a mad thing until it's not sticky anymore. I kneaded it for 20 minutes and it was still sticky. So I just put it to rise and while it was kinda hard to work with (form into little lines) I don't think there was much else I could have done.

I don't have any other news, really.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, that's fantastic about your dress. I'd say your super excited about seeing it.

    I hope you enjoyed your dinner, it sounded fabulous, yum yum

    ReplyDelete