25 July 2008

3d modelling as a form of procrastination

got to bed at 2 last night. woke at 9 this morning. i have a feeling i'll be tired this evening. ah well. it was worth it.
i was messing about in 3dsmax last night and i opened up my girl file. i put basic materials, hair and (dan dan daaaaa) a biped rig on her. i can now pose her in any position i want. wooo!!
of course, all of this is in procrastination of my novel, but it makes me feel good when my procrastination efforts result in something creative. unfortunately, my model's proportions are a bit wierd, so i had to make the biped rig unrenderable (shush, firefox dictionary - this is a word) because it was poking out in odd places.

so - plans for today: renew my provisional licence (now called a learner permit - way to make new drivers feel inept). i must drop an invoice into cit, and apart from that, i think i'll make a material for my girl's eyes, a bump map for her hair and sort out the colour scheme on her clothes. and not write... maybe i'll write.

i think that's all i have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment