17 July 2008

just making things up to fill the space

i attempted to get some writing done today. i figure i got about 100 words. not so good, but still better than 0 words. and apart from those few words i've done very little of note with the rest of my day. i think living in new zealand spoiled my views of summer. i had forgotten just how bad irish summers are - how dull and overcast. so what i'm getting at is that the weather wouldn't inspire you to do much. it's a mini-battle just to get over its looming sort of depressiveness.

i made sushi rice for dinner. it was yummy. i need to figure out the right proportions for the vinegar/sugar/salt mix, though. i make it with balsamic, which is way too strong, so i water it down (with water) and always end up with too much. anyway. it's not like it will go off quickly or anything. i covered the remainder with tin-foil and it will be there for again.

i want something good looking, but easy to model in 3dsmax. i'd do a tea-pot, but that's cheating and i wouldn't feel good about the end result. i'm thinking some kind of funky building... but my imagination has run away somewhere, probably somewhere with better weather than here.

ok, i need to end on a positive note: my sushi rice rocked!!!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps that's what's wrong with me too. All I feel like doing is curling up on my bed and sleeping...

    ReplyDelete