09 July 2008

a follow up to last night's post

so this morning i talked with people in my family. penelope_stone's reply was: "you always hate work. you complain endlessly whenever you are working." i thought i liked working in interval (in christchurch) but obviously not.
davidnarby's insight was to tell me i'm being too much of a perfectionist and working on anything is a series of iterations towards perfection, and if by 4 iterations you get to 90% of perfection then that's good. while getting to this point, i mentioned that i like animating and i don't find it boring, yet i don't like my current job. liking + not boring = not liking. yea - we noted the lack of logic and balance in this one too.
i think it all comes down to the fact that they've left me alone with little input and less feedback and my lack of self-confidence is getting in the way and making me mentally wring my hands at every step i take. i just can't run with something when i'm not sure about it - i either ignore it (which i can't do with this project) or stress out, endlessly procrastinating and getting nothing done while stressing about not getting anything done. it's a vicious circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment