16 July 2008

and now an actual update

buh, i always seem to start my entries with a dull statement like, "the weekend was good". it makes me feel uninspired. but i also feel that just starting into a story in the middle of it (as in, not doing a lead-up to the meaty bits) is too sudden. anyway.

i've been playing portal on lordkilljoy's xbox. got about half way through over a month ago, and i finally got around to finishing it yesterday. ok, i feel i should mention that lordkilljoy had totally hyped up the ending, so i was expecting something absolutely amazing. it was a good ending, but not nearly as good as other games i've played (prince of persia comes to mind for best game ending ever: both sands of time and two thrones). i should also mention that portal is the most annoying game i've played in ages. actually, i don't think my frustration was helped by the fact that it takes me ages to aim accurately with an xbox (i had typed xbob, hee) controller (or any controller that isn't a mouse and keyboard, for that matter), so i kept getting stuck around railings and things. all that aside, i couldn't stop thinking about the game all the way down on the bus and as i fell asleep last night, so obviously i enjoyed it... i just didn't realize it as i was playing or something. actually - it was hilarious. i was somewhat tired on monday night (i got mostly finished monday night, and just did the last bit tuesday afternoon) and i kept forgetting that i had a portal gun and what sort of fun things it can do to make my life easy. so i ended up wandering around a lot (i think my brain was secretly looking for levers or something) and wondering how on earth to get onto the next bit. of course, when i remembered the wonderful uses of the portal gun, i berated myself for being such an idiot. lordkilljoy must think i'm slow in the brain or something!!

so yea. monday was interview day. it went well enough, apart from the fact that they asked me to "go through my cv" and gave me no hinting or encouragement or anything. right! i'll just ramble and mumble for a bit and feel like some sort of foolish robot for not being able to read your mind and know what it is you want me to say. grrr. it felt more like some kind of memory test than an interview. like as if they wanted to test my public speaking skills more than my ability to do the job they had advertised. i hate the world some times. i was feeling very misogynistic in the bus on the way back to cork yesterday. i need to stop ranting now - i can feel my stomach start to knot up with annoyance. ok, this is me breathing.

went to galway on sunday - played with lordkilljoy's nephews. or one of them at any rate. ryan is a little young to actually play with. but i got to play run around the cars with darragh (yes, the cars were parked). kids are great for doing random running with :)

hmmm. i can't help but feel that there was something else i wanted to say. lordkilljoy wants me to join twitter, but i don't think i will, because i like to go on so much. i just can't curtail myself to less than three paragraphs once i've managed to frame my thoughts, and i never do anything whimsical enough to warrant a one liner post and so on and so forth ...insert random excuses here...

yea. i think i should stop now - i seem to be getting somewhat ranty. some day soon i will write an incredibly happy post that will have nothing but goodness in it and will smell lovely like a warm summer's day and will taste like whipped ice-cream and will feel like... hmmm, ok :P i think i'm loosing my mind.

ooh - i think i'm actually really allergic to chocolate. i have this annoying cough that (possibly until now used to) comes randomly and i think it happens whenever i eat chocolate. i'll have to put it to the test. it would be so great if it was true, because i don't like chocolate and it would give me extreme motivation not to eat it :)
i figured this out yesterday when i got a magnum (the ice cream in magnums is the best ever, unfortunately there is tonnes of chocolate to get through first) and my cough came along afterwards to annoy me for a few hours. so it would be cool if i knew how to prevent my cough and it would never bother me again :) wooo!

and see - my mood is happy. i got over my mild annoyance at the world. actually, maybe my mood should be hungry. my stomach is empty right now.

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I really want to play portal.

    I haven't but I've heard that song, I don't know if it is from the game or just inspired by it or whatever but it is so cool. It's called "The Device Has Been Modified" or something. You should look it up on YouTube!

    And as far as game ending goes, Tomb Raider Legend by far has the most dramatic I've ever seen. Although Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia share the same developers so, there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i should play tomb raider legends. i've played some of the old tomb raider games and quite liked them. unfortunately my pc isn't up to running most new games.

    i would advise borrowing portal off someone or waiting for it to go on sale. it's good, but short and i don't think there's much replayability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I now realise that i may have over hyped the game slightly. Sorry :)

    But At least I didnt over hype Avatar!

    ReplyDelete